Thaisson and his wife Magda studied with Cork English Academy for 6 months. Here is Thaisson’s story!
- Can you tell us a little bit about your course?
My course passed so fast, I really liked the course the methodolog. The exam on Fridays is very good, because we can see where we are good and where we need to study more.
The school is so good, clean, well organized and the new machine with food and drinks is so good, because we are always in a hurry…..!
I really liked that all teachers prepared and motivated all students to speak.
- What aspect of English language learning are you improving in the most?
- What aspect of English language learning are you finding the most challenging?
For me the most challenging, without a doubt, is the listening, it’s not very difficult sometimes you understand it, but then sometimes you don’t get it at all but it’s getting a little better!
- Do you get to practice your English outside of school hours?
Yes, I currently work as a Kitchen Porter and for Deliveroo so I use English everyday, at least 3 hours everyday after class.
- Why did you choose Cork City to move to?
I chose Cork because it’s a smaller city and the rent prices here aren’t as crazy and as expensive as Dublin.
- What is your favourite thing about Cork?
My favorite thing is earning in euro which pays for my life and studies here. Also, knowing that I’m in Europe! Visiting other countries is very cheap from here compared to Brazil.
- Would you suggest Ireland as a study abroad destination to others and if so, why?
Yes, without a doubt, I would recommend Irlanda to other students, mainly because of the amount of culture that is possible to absorb here in Ireland. I met Mexicans, Chileans, Spanish, Koreans and many more nationalities here.