We welcomed Vero to Cork English Academy last November on an 8 week General English programme. Vero went back to Spain just before Christmas time.
She got on very well in class due to her hard work and positive attitude. She went to the free afternoon classes and studied at home. We were not surprised when she sent us this lovely note about her recent FCE examination success:
”I’m writing to tell you that I passed my FCE exam. I am very happy and I wanted to say THANK YOU to Cork English Academy because that wouldn’t have been possible without you.
I know I didn’t prepare the exam with you but my two months there, in your academy, helped me a lot. I hadn’t studied English for 15 years and your classes encouraged me to continue learning the language once back in Spain.
Thank you again.
We wish Vero the very best for the future!
As part of the Cork English Academy English and Work Placement Programme our work experience coordinator has shared this new and exciting work placement with us:
Technical Support Engineer Intern with English & German
The Ideal Candidate should have:
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking stack an advantage
- Experience in an enterprise LAN/WAN environment an advantage
- Experience with Windows and Linux OS systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Multi-lingual with strong written & spoken skills in English and German essential
- Studying towards an IT-related qualification
Roles and Responsibilities
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily by telephone and e-mail
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Work directly with other technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems
- Document all technical inquiries gather logs and obtain a clear problem description
- Use knowledge base’s to resolve customer issues
- The entire company team has created a unique business environment — one of energy, creativity, and collaboration.
- The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with company’s roots as a successful entrepreneurial start up.
- 4 weeks formal training in:
- Install configure manage
- Trouble shooting
- Networking & Storage area networking
- System Management
- Using Salesforce, Company’s SRM tool
- Company certified professional exam
- 5 months experience working as a technical support engineer, within the support team, gaining in-depth knowledge about the industry leading Cloud computing and virtualization platforms.
- June 2014
- Duration: 6 months
Please contact us at [email protected] with inquiries.
The Quality School Award awarded by LanguageBookings.com, a trusted community marketplace for students, certifies that Cork English Academy has achieved high quality standards in its range of language courses and students services.
The Quality School Award is given to schools with high appeal for international students, with an unbroken record of best value for money compared to hundreds of schools listed on the site. In addition, Cork English Academy shows a high quality in education, course availability and impeccable customer service history.
Quality School Award Press Release