- All such permissions that are due to expire from 21st April to 20th September 2021 are automatically renewed by the Minister to the 20th September 2021.
- Students need to be registered on a course during the extension.
- This also applies to students who have already completed 2 years (3 courses) in Ireland. You can now register for a 4th course.
- Notice issued 31 March http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/updates-announcements
This notice applies to Immigration and International Protection permissions to reside in the State that are due to expire between 21st April to 20th September 2021 and supplements all previous extension notices.
In light of the uncertainties caused by the Coronavirus pandemic, COVID-19, the following notice applies to all persons with a current valid permission due to expire from 21st April to 20th September 2021, whether pursuant to domestic law or powers of the Minister, or Directive 2004/38/EC (Free Movement Directive).
All such permissions that are due to expire from 21st April to 20th September 2021 are automatically renewed by the Minister to the 20th September 2021. The renewal of permission is on the same basis as the existing permission and the same conditions attach. In relation to persons with existing permission under Directive 2004/38/EC (Free Movement Directive), the automatic renewal is subject to the requirement that the person is complying with the requirements of the Directive.
Any permission that was renewed by the previous notices which therefore has a new expiry date between 21st April to 20th September 2021 is automatically renewed by this notice until 20th September 2021.
Registrations need to be renewed with Immigration.
Immigration Notice: Appointments Necessary
All students needing to register with Immigration in Cork City are required to arrange an appointment.
Make your appointment by emailing your Name and Date of Birth to [email protected]
- One person per appointment
- Only Arrive 5 minutes prior to appointment time
- Strictly No queuing is permitted
You must bring the following to your appointment:
- Fully completed IRP Form
- Appointment Confirmation Email
- Original school letter
- Insurance document
Each Student must request their own appointment using their own email address. Block Booking of appointments is strictly forbidden.
Students should use their Debit/Credit Card to pay the registration fee.
If a student is using another person’s debit/credit card, the cardholder must be present with Photo I.D., they should remain outside the Garda Station until they are called by the student and asked to present at the registration desk.