Many of our English language students choose to stay with a host family while in Cork. If you decide on this accommodation option you will get to live with a host family and experience life in an Irish household and practice your English in real life situations.
Our host families are carefully selected, friendly local families who are happy to welcome you into their home and include:
- Single/twin/double room & shared/private bathroom Host Family Options
- Breakfast and evening meal provided Monday to Friday (half-board)
- Breakfast, lunch and evening meal on Saturday and Sunday (full-board)
- Transfers to and from Cork airport on your arrival and departure are also included.
Most family homes are located just outside the city centre and so you may need to take public transport to and from the school. Average distance between the school and host families is 30 minutes.
Cork City Bus
All of our Host Families are on the Red Zone City Bus route (see map below). You will only need to take one bus to school and be dropped off in the city centre just a short walk from the school.
- A weekly student bus pass is about €20
- A monthly student bus pass is about €65
(Prices subject to change according to Cork City bus)
Tickets may be purchased from Bus Éireann Travel Centre, Parnell Place, Cork.
For students who will need a bus ticket for 3 weeks or more we recommend getting a Leap Card.
Students will need to buy either an adult or student leap card (the student leap card is available for €10 from the SayIT office in Cork).
Leap Cards allow you save up to 20% per journey.
Feel free to ask for more information at the Cork English Academy reception desk.