Adult Social Activity Programme
The Social Activity Programme is a very important part of the Cork English Academy experience and we try to make sure that we have something for everybody.
Learning in the school is greatly enhanced when students are involved in social and activity events. The Social Activity Programme enables students to continue to learn about Irish culture and heritage while practicing and developing their language skills in the real world. We strongly encourage students to take part in the school’s weekly organised events along with promoting activities, festivals and interesting places to visit in Cork and surrounding areas.
Weekly Organised Events:
- Mondays: First Day Guided Walking tour of the city
- Tuesdays: Half Day trip 14.00 – 18.00 (Cobh, Kinsale, Blarney Castle, Fota Wildlife Park, Blackrock Observatory)
- Wednesdays:Free Afternoon Class (vocabulary class, pronunciation workshop)
- Thursdays:Visits to local art galleries or museums (Crawford Gallery, Butter Museum, Shandon Bells)
- Fridays: Movie afternoons in the school
- Saturdays and Sundays:Full Day Trips with the Paddy Wagon Tour Group to visits towns and areas with interesting cultural and historical attractions (The Ring of Kerry, Killarney National Park and Gardens, Cliffs of Moher, Dingle Pennisula, West Cork & Garnish Island tour). Remember to sign up for tours in the school to get your student discount!!
2 Night activities per week:
- Irish dancing lessons
- Traditional pub nights
- Board Games night (all games are educational and encourage using English language skills learned during class time. Games include: Discover Ireland, Who’s Who, Don’t Say It, Bingo, Junior Scrabble)
- Student pub nights
- Greyhound racing
- Football on astro-turf @ UCC sports hall
- Cork City Gaol night tour