Cork English Academy offers online training in the English language for groups and individual learners.
We offer 1:1 tuition that you can take from the comfort of your home. The classes are tailored to your specific needs and your level of English.
We can focus on developing your speaking and/or other skills: reading, writing and listening.
We can help you improve your grammar and pronunciation.
Our experienced and qualified teachers will help you identify and work on your weaknesses, develop fluency, accuracy and gain confidence in speaking English.
Depending on your goals and needs we can offer live lessons and online courses with focus on:
- General English
- Examination Preparation (IELTS, FCE, CAE, CPE, TOEIC, or BULATS)
- Business English
- English For Specific Purposes
(Care, Medicine, Aviation, Information Technology).
- Pre-enrollment (online course before you start your course here with us in Cork)
If you would like to study together with a friend whose level of English and needs are similar to yours, you can choose 2:1 tuition.
On request we can also organise live lessons and online courses for small groups (4-6 students).
Please contact us for prices and more details.
Live Lesson Fees
1:1 (1 student + 1 teacher)
|TEACHER CONTACT TIME||FEE|
|2 hours ( 4 x 30 minute live lessons)||€90|
|4 hours ( 8 x 30 minute live lessons)||€170|
|8 hours (16 x 30 minute live lesson)||€320|
|Additional hour (2 x 30 minute lessons)||€37 ph|
2:1 (2 students + 1 teacher)
|TEACHER CONTACT TIME||FEE|
|2 hours ( 4 x 30 minute live lessons)||€135|
|4 hours ( 8 x 30 minute live lessons)||€255|
|8 hours (16 x 30 minute live lesson)||€480|
|Additional hour (2 x 30 minute lessons)||€55 ph|
Live Lesson Fee Includes:
- Preparatory work prior to the live lessons (email with assignments, readings, videos for example)
- Homework assignments with teacher correction and feedback
- Guided self-study assignments
You can choose to take as many or as few lessons per week as your availability allows and your language goals require. As a general guideline, we would recommend three contact sessions per week, for an hour or an hour and a half each.
We would also recommend allowing at least a day between lessons to allow enough time for self-study, homework, practice, revision and to review the feedback notes.
Some students prefer to book all hours in one week for an intensive package where as others with less time available to them book their classes over more weeks.
In addition to our live lessons you can request access to the Cork English Academy Online Learner Platform.
- Level-specific, self-guided language lessons based on CEF levels (A1 to C2)
- These practical English lessons will guide you through an adaptive learning path and improves overall English ability with a specific focus on grammar, listening and reading.
- Your progress is monitored by Cork English Academy and feedback given.
- All of the lessons are accessible across devices ( laptop, tablet or mobile phone) meaning you can study, pause and pick up where you left off, whenever you want.
- Fee €50