Cork English Academy’s Academic Year Programmes, suitable for non EU students, have been approved for inclusion on the Register of Programmes recognised by the Minister of Education and Science.
Programmes consist of an 8 month period and include 25 weeks tuition and the remaining part of the stay as a vacation period.
The daily General English lessons cover all of the English language skills – speaking, listening, reading and writing with an emphasis on speaking and listening. The main focus of the General English courses is on communication skills in real life settings.
25 Weeks Tuition
Different Course Timetables
- 15 hour Morning Monday to Friday 09.00 to 12.15
- 15 hour Afternoon Monday to Friday 13.45 to 17.00
- 20 hour Morning Monday to Friday 09.00 to 13.30
- 20 hour Afternoon Monday to Friday 12.30 to 17.00
- 25 weeks 15 hours morning €2750
- 25 weeks 15 hours afternoon €2000
- 25 weeks 20 hours afternoon €2500
- 25 weeks 20 hours morning €3250
- General English Textbook Fee: €45
(entitles students to one textbook, extra textbooks can be purchased in the school as needs be)
- Medical Insurance: €100
- School Registration fee of €65
- Exam Registration
- Exam registration (TIE €130,IELTS €200, FCE €180)
- IELTS/ FCE Exam textbook:€45
- TIE Exam has no specific textbook. TIE Exam is held in Dublin.
International students should familiarise themselves with these important Academic Year Policies.
- Programme Duration: 8 Months
- Tuition Duration: 25 weeks
- Level: Elementary to Advanced
- Maximum Class Size: 12
- Course Start Dates: Any Monday except for school and public holidays where the school is closed. Please view the Programme Calendar for further details.
Right to work
Non-EEA students who are permitted to reside in the State on a stamp 2 immigration permission are allowed to avail of a work concession. Under this concession a student may work in Ireland in a casual part-time capacity without a work permit.
Students holding a valid immigration stamp 2 permission will be permitted work 40 hours per week only during the months of June, July, August and September and from 15 December to 15 January inclusive. At all other times students holding Immigration permission Stamp 2 will be limited to working 20 hours per week.
All students who successfully complete the programme receive the Cork English Academy Certificate in English. Non-EU students must also complete an official examination at the end of the programme such as TIE, FCE or IELTS.
Students should be from a non-EU country, age 18 + with at least a basic knowledge of English (A1 level). Students are required to have an attendance of at least 85% throughout their course and to sit an official exam during their programme.