As part of the Cork English Academy English and Work Placement Programme our work experience coordinator has shared this new and exciting work placement with us:
Technical Support Engineer Intern with English & German
The Ideal Candidate should have:
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking stack an advantage
- Experience in an enterprise LAN/WAN environment an advantage
- Experience with Windows and Linux OS systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Multi-lingual with strong written & spoken skills in English and German essential
- Studying towards an IT-related qualification
Roles and Responsibilities
- Respond to customer inquiries, primarily by telephone and e-mail
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting
- Work directly with other technical support staff, quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems
- Document all technical inquiries gather logs and obtain a clear problem description
- Use knowledge base’s to resolve customer issues
- The entire company team has created a unique business environment — one of energy, creativity, and collaboration.
- The atmosphere is fun, casual, and inviting, in keeping with company’s roots as a successful entrepreneurial start up.
- 4 weeks formal training in:
- Install configure manage
- Trouble shooting
- Networking & Storage area networking
- System Management
- Using Salesforce, Company’s SRM tool
- Company certified professional exam
- 5 months experience working as a technical support engineer, within the support team, gaining in-depth knowledge about the industry leading Cloud computing and virtualization platforms.
- June 2014
- Duration: 6 months
Please contact us at [email protected] with inquiries.