Cork City Bus
If you are staying with a Cork English Academy Host Family you will be living in the Red Zone City Bus route (see map below). You will only need to take one bus to school and be dropped off in the city centre just a short walk from the school.
- A weekly student bus pass is about €20
- A monthly student bus pass is about €65
(Prices subject to change according to Cork City bus)
Tickets may be purchased from Bus Éireann Travel Centre, Parnell Place, Cork.
For students who will need a bus ticket for 3 weeks or more we recommend getting a Leap Card.
The Adult Leap Card is available to all adults at most Centra shops and the bus station at a cost of €5.00. The card can be topped up with credit like a mobile phone. When you are finished with the card you can return it and get a refund.
The Student Leap Card is available for €10 from the SayIT office in Cork and only applicable to students of 6 months or more. When you are finished with the card you can return it and get a refund.
A red zone journey using a Leap Card will cost:
- Adult/Student 0-11 Stages – €1.68 /per journey
- Adult/Student 12+ Stages – €1.98/per journey
- Adult Weekly Pass – €23.30
- Adult Monthly Pass – €84.50
- Student Weekly Pass – €18.20
- Student Monthly Pass – €67.50
Feel free to ask for more information at the Cork English Academy reception desk.
Many of our English language students choose to stay with a host family while in Cork. If you decide on this accommodation option you will get to live with a host family and experience life in an Irish household and practice your English in real life situations.
Our host families are carefully selected, friendly local families who are happy to welcome you into their home and include:
- Single/twin/double room & shared/private bathroom Host Family Options
- Breakfast and evening meal provided Monday to Friday (half-board)
- Breakfast, lunch and evening meal on Saturday and Sunday (full-board)
- Transfers to and from Cork airport on your arrival and departure are also included.
Most family homes are located just outside the city centre and so you may need to take public transport to and from the school. Average distance between the school and host families is 30 minutes.