Non-EU students wishing to study English in Ireland for a period of over 90 days must attend a course which appears on the Interim List of Eligible Programmes (ILEP). These courses consist of an 8 month stay maximum with a minimum of 25 weeks study within that period.
Cork English Academy’s General English + Examination Preparation Academic Year Programmes include 19 weeks General English and 6 weeks specific Examination Preparation.
6 week Examination Preparation Options:
- Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- The International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
The 6 week examination preparation courses are subject to student entry language levels at time of booking.
25 Weeks Tuition
Including 19 weeks General English + 6 week Examination Preparation
- FCE €175
- CAE €185
- IELTS €195
Medical Insurance: €100
International students should familiarise themselves with these important Academic Year Policies.
- Programme Duration: 8 Months
- Tuition Duration: 25 weeks
- Level: Elementary to Advanced
- Maximum Class Size: 15
- Course Start Dates: Any Monday except for school and public holidays where the school is closed. Please view the Programme Calendar for further details.
Right to work
Students from outside the EU on Academic Year programmes have the right to work 20 hours per week during the course and from 1 January 2015, it is intended to align the work concession with the traditional academic year and to allow students to work 40 hours per week only during the months of June, July, August, September and from 15 December to 15 January inclusive.
Students should be from a non-EU country, age 18 + with at least a basic knowledge of English (A1 level). Students are required to have an attendance of at least 85% throughout their course and to sit an official exam during their programme.