I’m Montse from Girona, Spain.
I progressed from B2 level to an FCE exam class to C1 level while here at CEA!
After graduating from College and working for a while I decided to have a break and improve my English. It is something that I had always wanted to do as I have been studying this language all my life and I couldn’t talk as fluently as I wanted. So, going abroad was the best way to do it.
I had a great feeling about Ireland although I had only been in Dublin before. I knew that I didn’t want to live in the capital and for this reason I decided on Cork.
When I arrived in Cork I fell in love with the city and it felt like home from the first moment. This wasn’t only a first impression, it was also they same after a few weeks. As it isn’t a big city it is really easy to get around and it is also a safe place. Irish people are known to be friendly, but Corkconians are more than that!
During my experience in Cork I have tried to do and explore as much as possible. The main trips I’ve done around Ireland are: Dublin, Limerick, Galway including Connemara, Clare including Cliffs of Moher, Northern Ireland and my favourite one the South-West Coast and the Ring of Kerry. Overall ,visiting the nearby villages of Cork city was the best way to get away during the weekends.
Something that I can’t skip mentioning is the ”craic” in the pubs! Even though Cork is a little city it is a lively one!
Finally I have to say that I reached my goals thanks to Cork English Academy. After some General English lessons I decided to do the First Certificate Exam too. All the teachers are very professional and want you to be better.
This period in Cork is the best experience ever and I encourage everyone to do it!
Great year-round discounted prices for mid to long term bookings as well as discounted afternoon options.
- 15 hour Morning Monday to Friday 09.00 to 12.15
- 15 hour Afternoon Monday to Friday 13.45 to 17.00
- 20 hour Morning Monday to Friday 09.00 to 13.30
- 20 hour Afternoon Monday to Friday 12.30 to 17.00
15 Hour Morning 09:00 to 12:15
|20 Hour Morning 09:00 to 13:30
|15 Hour Afternoon 13:45 to 17.00
|20 Hour Afternoon 12.30 to 17.00
Please find a full list of courses prices: General-English-Price-List-2020
General English Textbook Fee: €45 (covers one textbook)
School Registration Fee: €65
Please note bookings need to be made & paid in advance of course start date. For example if you want to book 12 weeks at the 12 week price then payment for the 12 weeks must be paid in advance of course start date.
If you want to book 12 weeks in 4 week periods then payment for 4 weeks at the 4 week price must be paid in advance of the course start date and you can extend and pay for an extra 4 weeks at the 4 week price as availability allows.
- Group English language courses for international students from Elementary level (CEF A1) to Advanced level (CEF C2): Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Upper-Intermediate, Advanced & Proficient.
- 12 students maximum per class.
- The daily lessons cover all of the English language skills – speaking, listening, reading and writing with an emphasis on speaking and listening.
- The main focus of the General English course is on communication skills in real life settings. You will also work on grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and guided self-study.
- Courses start on any Monday of the year except in the case of a bank holiday where courses then start on the following Tuesday.
- All courses both 15 and 20 hour per week follow the same syllabus for 3 hours per day. The extra hour per day within the 20 hour course follows a separate syllabus and includes a separate range of topics.
- There are 5 extra hours of teacher contact time within the 20 hour course which offers an opportunity to progress faster.
Feel free to Request a Quotation or Book Online today.