An expert agent has the experience to help you plan and book every detail of your language travel abroad.

Most agencies will be able to give you information and support online and over the phone and some agents will welcome you into their office for a face-to-face meeting where you can discuss all things about your language holiday abroad.

Below you will find a list of agency associations. Feel free to contact the associations or individual agencies and be sure to mention that you would like to

  1. Travel to Ireland and

  2. Study in Cork English Academy

Some agents have lots of experience helping students prepare for the language holiday in Ireland specifically.

Here are just a few associations to help you on your way:

Brazil – BELTA
Brazilian Educational and Language Travel Association
Colombia: BC Agents
British Council List of agents
Chile: BC Agents
British Council list of agents
Europe – EAQA
European Association of Quality Agencies
France – L’Office
Office National de Garantie des séjours et stages linguistiques
France – UNOSEL
Union Nationale des Organisations de Séjours linguistiques et des Ecoles de Langues
Germany – FDSV
Fachverband Deutscher Sprachreise-Veranstalter e.V.
Hong Kong – HKIECA
Hong Kong International Education Consultants’ Association
Indonesia – IKPII
Indonesian International Education Consultants Association
International – ALTO
Association of Language Travel Organisations
International – FELCA
Federation of Education and Language Consulting Association
International – PIER
Professional International Education Resources
Italy – IALCA
Italian Association of Language Consultants and Agents
Japan – CIEL
Council of International Education and Travel
Japan – JAOS
Japan Association of Overseas Studies
Kazakhstan – KAEA
Kazakhstan Association of Educational Agents
Russia – AREA
Association of Russian Educational Advisors
Saudi Arabia -UniAgents


Serbia – YUTA
Association of the Travel Agencies of Serbia
South Korea – KOSA
Korea Overseas Study Abroad
Asociación Española de Promotores de Cursos en el Extranjero
Switzerland – LILAS
Leading Independent Language Agencies of Switzerland
Switzerland – SALTA
Swiss Association of Language Travel Agents
Taiwan – IECA
International Education Consultants Association
Taiwan – TOSA
Taiwan Overseas Study Association
Thailand – TIECA
Thai International Education Consultants Association
Turkey – EduDer
Educational Agents Network
Turkey – UED
Association of International Educational Counsellors
Email: [email protected] Website:
Turkey – TEAG
Turkish Educational Agents Group
Email: [email protected] Website:
Turkey – YEDAB
International Education Counsellors Association of Turkey
Email: [email protected] Website:
Vietnam – VIECA
Vietnam International Education Consultants Association
Email: [email protected] Website:


Students from outside of the European Union who have booked an Academic Year Programme must register with the Garda National Immigration Board (GNIB) here in Cork. The GNIB issue international students with their official Irish Residence Permit (IRP).

Please note GNIB registration and presenting proof of funds to the GNIB is the sole responsibility of each student.

Applying for your Irish Residence Permit IRP

You will need to bring the following documents with you to apply for your IRP:
  • Completed IRP-1 Form (the school will give you this form to fill out)
  • Original school letter
  • Medical insurance (in colour) with full Cork address
  • A balancing statement dated the day you are going to the GNIB office, showing €3,000 in your account (please see more detailed information below under Proof of Funds Section)
  • Your passport
  • The IRP applictaion fee of €300 which must be paid by credit card, laser card or bank giro. This fee cannot be paid by cash.
Make sure that all addresses on all documents are the same.
Once the payment has been made the immigration officer will request you to come back to the GNIB office to collect your IRP on another date (usually 4 weeks later).
Immigration Office Anglesea Street, Cork. GNIB Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 09.30 to 12.00 14.00 to 16.00

Proof of Funds

On registering with the GNIB and applying for your IRP you will need to show proof that you have access to €3,000 to support yourself and live in Ireland.

You can use 1 of the following options to show you have direct access to €3,000:

Option 1: Proof from a foreign bank (balance must be in Euros, statement must be in English)

If you choose this option, you must bring 2 original bank statements from a foreign bank.

  • The first statement must show a balance of €3,000.The statement must less than 1 month old.
  • The second statement must be from the same bank. It must be less than 6 months old.
  • Both statements must be for the same account and in your own name, ie the same name as in your passport.
  • You must also show that you have a debit card (for cash withdrawals in Ireland).
  • The debit card must be for the same bank account that has the €3,000.
Option 2: Proof via a pre-paid credit card or debit card (balance must be in Euros, statement must be in English)
If you choose this option, you must bring an original statement proving that you have a pre-paid credit card(s) or debit card(s) with €3,000.
If a statement is not available,you can generate a screenshot of the online account. The screenshot must include:
  • The balance in Euro
  • The card number
  • Your name
  • Time and date on the computer
Please highlight this key information on the screenshot once printed using a highlighter marker.
Option 3: Proof from an Irish bank
If you choose this option, you must bring an original statement from an Irish bank that shows a balance of €3,000.
The statement must be for an account in your own name, ie the same name as in your passport.
Opening an Irish Bank Account
Bank of Ireland, 70 St Patrick’s Street, will open bank accounts with the following documents:
  • Original school letter
  • Medical insurance with address in Cork
  • Passport
  • Irish mobile number
  • Proof of source of funds of one of the following:
    Cash: 6 month bank statement and exchange receipts.
    Pre-paid card: statement with a euro balance
    Transfer:6 month bank statement in your name
 The bank will accept applications during the following times: Monday to Friday 10:00 to 12:00 noon & 14:00 to 15:00.
Please come to reception to check your documents before you go to the bank.

Special Notes

  • If you are a couple, make sure that you open 2 separate accounts.
  • Once your account is activated, please open an online account.
  • Once you receive your bank card and PIN code you can then deposit or transfer your €3,000.
  • Any post from the bank addressed 25 Washington Street West can be collected at the school reception
  • Once you receive your bank card and PIN code you can then deposit or transfer your €3,000 to your new account.
  • You may open your bank account at any other bank in Cork but you will need proof of address i.e utility bill/gas/electricity/phone bill.