The Cork English Academy Evening Programme is designed for students who are resident, or temporarily resident, in Cork. The Evening Programme is often popular with au-pairs or professionals already working or studying in Cork during the day who wish to improve their English language skills for work, study or leisure purposes. The Evening Programme is also open to those attending the Morning General English Programme.
Format: 2 hours conversation & pronunciation workshop style programme from 1900-21.00 on Thursdays
Price: €8 per evening, pay as you go
Levels: We welcome mixed levels on this particular programme as it is workshop based
As part of the Cork English Academy English and Work Placement Programme our work experience coordinator has shared this new and exciting work placement with us:
The Provision of services to persons with intellectual disability.
We provide a range of age-appropriate services to over 600 people – children (77%) and adults (23%) – with intellectual disability in the Cork & Kerry Region. These services include day, residential, multidisciplinary support services respite and family support services. We also provide an adult respite facility to adults in the region. We aim to enable each service user to access the highest standard of service based on their individual requirements.
Training & Standards Department – Student Placement Administration
The Ideal Candidate should:
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Possess a level of personal integrity and confidentiality
- Be able to prioritise work effectively with energy
- Demonstrates pride in the quality of work
- Is open to receiving and giving feedback appropriately
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Using Microsoft Office suite including Powerpoint, Excel &Word
- Photocopying & preparing induction or other training packs as required
- Binding, laminating material for training
- Liaising with trainers to ensure relevant documentation is received and the necessary equipment will be available to them to deliver the training
- Helping in room set up for training courses
- Photocopy, sort & file Certifications on a weekly basis and post out to appropriate managers/unit leaders
- Archiving documents in line with the policy and procedure
- Ensuring all filing is completed as required
- Maintaining the Training & Standards Database to a high level, removing any duplication and correcting as necessary
- Completing reports as requested by Training & Standards Officer
- Screen telephone calls and deal with these appropriately
- Provide typing/word processing and general administrative support to the Training & Standards Department
Please contact us at [email protected] with inquiries.